Power armor in Horizon is much rarer and trickier to fix, but is lighter on fusion cores.
Condition[edit | edit source]
Power armor pieces have a special condition mod slot which goes from rusty to customized. Ever-increasing amounts of Blacksmith perk and resources are needed to craft every new one.
- Model A = "Rusted" - Very poor protection/durability/value (uses the rusted texture)
- Model B = "Deteriorated" - Poor protection/durability/value
- Model C = "Degraded" - Below-average protection/durability/value
- Model D = "Functional" - Standard protection/durability (This is the standard working version)
- Model E = "Improved" - Improved protection/durability
- Model F = "Customized" - Superior protection/durability
Base structure[edit | edit source]
Power armor pieces have another slot base structure which is responsible for most of armor's resistances. There are three variants: steel, aluminium and titanium, with multiple tiers of each, requiring rarer alloys and more skill.
Each structure material has different properties:
- Rusted Steel: Very poor stats. Can sometimes be found on Power Armor you find on NPCs/frames
- Steel (Standard): Starting mod. This is the base default stats. Increased weight.
- Steel Alloy: Gives high Damaged Reduction (DR), low Energy Resistance (ER), adds armor health
- Reinforced Steel Alloy: Gives high DR, moderate ER, adds armor health
- Aluminum Alloy: Gives high ER, low DR, adds some fire resist, adds AP, reduced weight
- Lead-Lined Aluminum Alloy: Adds rad resists to Aluminum Alloy, moderate DR
- Titanium Alloy: Gives high DR and ER, adds armor health
- Insulated Titanium Alloy: Adds fire/cryo/rad resists to Titanium Alloy
Looting[edit | edit source]
Power armor (of levelled tier) is still spawned on frames all across the Commonwealth, however, it will generally be only 2 or 3 pieces at time, and in poor condition and basic steel (see above). Enemies in PA drop junk pieces that contain PA components instead of PA parts themselves.
Scrapping[edit | edit source]
Power armor can be scrapped with 1 rank of settler Engineering skill, pressing Space on a suit will convert a PA frame into item. Item can be sold then or scrapped into parts in Tech lab.
Locking[edit | edit source]
Power armor suits can be locked, which renders them completely unusable by you or NPCs until unlocked.
Stats[edit | edit source]
The following are the stats of fully upgraded Power Armor with basic Steel material and no other modifications.
Full suits[edit | edit source]
Torso[edit | edit source]
Limbs[edit | edit source]