Purified water is a vital part of Horizon diet. It's one of few hydration items that does not give you rads. It is also an ingredient of high-quality food, remedies and other useful items.
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
Production of Purified Water bottles requires "Water Purification Units", which are separate from pumps that give water. They are found in workshop menu under Architect -> Production -> Basic Production. Water production orders can be adjusted under Active section of production manager.
Water Purification Unit[edit | edit source]
This workshop device is what now determines whether or not your water production is being purified
- This object does NOT provide any "Water" rating at all
- Each bottle of Purified Water produced requires 20 Water rating and 1 Purification Unit
- Grants +40 Bonus Happiness to the settlement you place it in
- Currently, there's no requirement that the purifiers must be placed in the same settlement as your water pumps
- Crafting a Purification Unit requires 1 "Purifier Module" (see below)
- In Desolation mode the crafting requirements are much higher
Water Purification Unit (Compact)[edit | edit source]
This unit is engineered to be more compact, but requires a higher Workshop Tech Level (4 in default, 6 in Desolation)
- Requires the same parts that the standard unit requires
- Gives the same benefits the standard unit does, but with a smaller footprint
Purifier Module[edit | edit source]
- This item is used for building Water Purification Units
- Modules can be crafted in the Tech Lab by having Workshop Tech Level 2 (Desolation Mode requires Tech Level 7)
- Modules can sometimes be found on DC or GN general vendors (not in Desolation Mode)
- After completing the Graygarden quest you will get mail with 1 Purifier Module
- Earning "Local Leader II" perk and reaching level 15 will send you a mail with 1 Purifier Module
- Earning "Settler Skill: Engineering II" will send you a mail with 1 Purifier Module
Producing water[edit | edit source]
- Build a Purification Unit and provide the settlement with extra Water rating needed.
- Ensure your production storage contains the necessary ingredients: Dirty water, clean bottle, cork, chlorine. Chlorine can be either made at Chemistry workbench manually or, more efficiently but requiring a certain tech level, at Chemical factory.
- Add a work order for purified water at production manager -> Active.