Horizon adds quite a few new weapons. Many changes are made to weapons in Horizon.
General weapon changes[edit | edit source]
- Ranged weaponry has its critical damage significantly reduced
- Mods that have critical damage now say the actual value instead of vague wording
- Automatic firing mode does not affect damage
Strength requirements[edit | edit source]
Equipping most heavy weapons and large melee weapons require a certain base strength now
- Temporarily buffed strength does NOT allow you to meet the requirements
- Temporary debuffs shouldn't effect your ability to equip weapons
- Being in Power Armor will bypass any strength requirement on weapons
- Exiting Power Armor will unequip the weapon if you lack the strength
- Degraded weapons will lower the Strength requirement, for example, a -20% Fat man can be used by a player with only 5 strength.
- Incomplete List of Weapons and Strength Required
- (0) Most weapons, Grenade Launcher, Incinerator, MicroSledge,
- (4) Railway Rifle, Shishkebab, Katana, Sledgehammer,
- (5) Light Machine Gun, Cryolator, Gauss Rifle, Scythe, Thermic Lance, Power Fist, Robot Mace, Pipe Mace,
- (6) Fat Man, Flamer, Junkjet, Grognak Axe
- (7) Missile Launcher, Gatling Laser, Machete Glaive
- (8) Minigun, Super Sledge, Handmade Axe, Skull Pike
- (9) Killamajig, Broadsider, Improvised War Club
Condition[edit | edit source]
- Weapons have one of the conditions: normal, deteriorated, degraded, destroyed.
- Conditions are pre-set and weapons do not deteriorate with use.
- Every next one has lower damage.
- Destroyed weapons can be only fired several times before breaking down completely.
- You can reverse-engineer low-condition weapons at ZX-1 and craft normal one.
Receivers[edit | edit source]
- Most receivers now have a better progression (in terms of crafting requirements) and purpose
- All receivers on ranged weapons now require weapon parts to craft them
Magazines[edit | edit source]
- The following weapons are affected: 10mm, Deliverer, Combat Rifle, Combat Shotgun, Assault Rifle, Pipe Guns
- Standard Magazines: Are now slower by default to try and replicate are more realistic base speed
- Quick Eject Mag is now "Rapid Eject Magazine", and is intended to always be the faster reload speed now
- Rapid Eject Magazine: Slightly slower than before, but still feels noticibly fast over standard
- Drum Mags: Slightly slower than standard mags
- Quick Eject Large Mags: Slightly slower than regular quick eject mags
Melee[edit | edit source]
Supermutant weapons[edit | edit source]
Generally not very sophisticated or fast to use, but enjoy high damage.
- Organ pipe
- Water pipe
- Improvised mace: contains basic circuitry
- Improvised war club: contains basic circuitry
- Machete glaive
- Skull pike
- Handmade axe
High-tech melee[edit | edit source]
- Thermic lance: modeled after fallout:Thermic lance from New Vegas, but sadly does not work same way. Swings instead. Does energy damage. Has Institute variant.
- Micro-sledge: compact and deadly weapon.
- Security Baton: one handed weapon
- Synth blade: two-handed blade that does additional energy damage and can stun with high science skill. No strength requirement to use.
Ballistic[edit | edit source]
- 10mm Pistol
Bolt throwing[edit | edit source]
- Repeating bolter: fires bolts that can be sometimes reused. Uses Sniper skill.
Energy[edit | edit source]
Gauss[edit | edit source]
Gauss weapons enjoy bonuses both for Ballistic and Energy weapons and have +50% armor penetration.
Follower Weapons[edit | edit source]
You can craft weapons for your followers. They don't require ammo. Some need some specific items you might want to hold on to instead of selling them.
- Deception (Deacon) - 1 Jangles the Moon Monkey
- Freedom (Preston) - n/a
- Justice (Nick) - 6 Beer
- Moxie (Curie) - 5 Baseball
- Vengeance (Cait) - 8 Packs of Cigarettes
- Veracity (Piper) - 3 Nuka-Cola
- Victory (Danse) - 1 Vodka, 4 Mirelurk Egg
- Winter's Edge (Nick) - 10 Cigar